Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Time = Pot Pie

My cooking evolves depending on how quick someone comes through and grabs my grub.

So.. One night cooking, waiting on my Conchito to come home I
~ Cubed Chicken Breast, Seasoned'em & tossed'em in the oven @ 425
& tossed some Veggies, Boulin Cube, Water on the Stove

So.. the chicken was roasted the veggies reduced & there was no Conchito so I
~ melted 3T butter to veggies & tossed in chicken bits
~ & after that reduced
~added in a can of cream of mushroom + can of milk

So.. My Dinner had morphed into a Chowder
.. & then my Chowder evolved to a Pot Pie.
So.. I googled this รข

Pot Pie Crust
Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter,
chilled and
diced1/4 cup ice water

Directions
In a large bowl, combine flour and salt.
Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Stir in water, a tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a ball.
Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Roll dough out to fit a 9 inch pie plate.
Place crust in pie plate.
Press the dough evenly into the bottom and sides of the pie plate.


Dana. (n.d.). Butter flaky pie crust. Retrieved from http://allrecipes.com/recipe/butter-flaky-pie-crust/

No comments:

Post a Comment